Wednesday, September 8, 2010

U.S. Says Killings Won’t Affect Iraq Mission

Reported by the N.Y. Times, the U.S. talks about how they already have their plans made up about Iraq and what they are going to do there. They stated that they will not change the mission even if thousands of American soilders were dying. Also talks about how when the U.S. gets higher powers into custody. The U.S. isn't taking full advandtage of the situation and investigating the matter to their fullest potential. Also how a news journalist was shot and killed last wednesday and they were no consequences for the member of the Iraq army that had shot the innocent bistandered.

The U.S. must seriously begin to consider how many people are being killed in this on going war. This war will be going for almost ten years this Saturday. It tears my heart apart to hear all of these families having their sons and daughters killed. I am one of the lucky ones who doesn't know someone personally who is the army right now but i could only imagine the pain. We need to have a plan and if it fails CHANGE the plan. America must adapt to the war conditions if we would like to save lives and win.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/09/world/middleeast/09iraq.html?_r=1&ref=us

3 comments:

Brooke E. said...

I believe war is pointless. It solves nothing. I agree entirely with you. If getting our troops out is not working the first time, try and try again, until you find a solution that works. GET THEM OUT. Thats as simple as anything.

Sara A. said...

I 100% agree with Danielle. She is right on point when saying America needs to change to win the war. This war has gone for way to long for reasons that are still to this day confusing and inexplicable. The government seem to have no reality when it comes to the troops in Iraq. To many have died or suffered from this pointless war. I know people that have told me stories that make me have nightmares while sleeping. The sad part is I was never there and I still get freaked out by those stories. Someone needs to stop this war and stop it NOW!

Casey N. said...

Wow Danielle, way to get your point out there! I agree. Families are being torn apart and it's not fair. We're fighting a pointless battle that solves nothing. I, too, think this war has been going on for way too long. I think it's time for President Obama to end this and bring peace to the world.