Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Bedbug Invasion!

Bedbugs are invading office buildings, movie theaters and stores in New York. Wes Tyler, general manager of the Chancellor Hotel on Union Square in San Francisco, had an employee discover that there was a bedbug in the 137-room hotel. These blood-sucking insects have a bounty of $10 for every employee who finds one. To solve this problem, Mr. Tyler created a position called “bedbug technician." Their job is to check every room in the hotel for bedbugs. Terminating these infestations is very costly, its ranges from $750 for a few rooms in an office building to $70,000 for a large apartment complex. Try to eliminate them fast, before they eliminate your wallet.

Bedbugs are very hazardous to human health, so if you discover a bedbug somewhere take care of the situation as soon as possible. Never just ignore it because bedbug populations may increase very quickly if not fixed in time.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/08/business/08bedbug.html?_r=1&scp=2&sq=bedbugs&st=cse

5 comments:

Hossna H. (SuPeRGiRL) said...

I really got interested in your blog because bed bugs seem so wierd. I dont like bugs and if i ever saw one i might freak. I think its gross how theres bugs in hotels and stuff, so if i ever visit New York, I'll totally watch out. Who knew bed bugs were real? Your blog is totally cool, Nice job.

ArnoldG. II said...

I feel the disgusting remarks for Bedbugs. Bedbugs are pests they should be eliminated immediately, having a "Bedbug Technician" may work in a hotel. This shows the dedication of the hotel to make their guests feel the best. Having a $10 bounty on a single bedbug is pretty pricy. But the employee who finds the bedbug is lucky to have the extra $10 on their pay.

Joaquin T. said...

I agree on what Arnold said about bedbugs are pests and that they should be eliminated immediately. If I was to rent a hotel room for a night, I would want my money to be worth it, and have a room thats free of these blood sucking insects. It is extremely costly, But I believe they should take this matter serious because this is a situation where it puts us in harms way.

Victoria C. said...

Jennifer, your blog is interesting. I really, really hate bugs so obviously bed bugs are disguting. Just thinking about the fact that bugs are underneath me while I sleep is gross! Also in hotels on top of that. Hotels are nasty anyways and thats why i dont sleep in them. So, I agree about eliminating those bed bugs before we all get bit.

Michael M. said...

Eww after reading this i want to make sure those things arent up in my house. Bugs are nasty especially when they are a hazard to your health. The post was very informing. Ill start lookin out for them, get some money in my pocket because of that $10 bounty lol.