Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A Hotel Where Some Guests Have Been Dead for Years

According to the New York Times, in Arizona, there is a hotel that has been running continuously since 1902. It is called the Copper Queen and for a long time, there has been constant hauntings. Events such as levitating furniture and moans in the night have made this hotel somewhat of a tourist attraction. The tales have been published in The Ghosts of the Copper Queen Hotel and it's been featured in an episode of "Ghost Hunters" on the SyFy Channel. Upon reading this article, there seems to be many interesting tales that intrigue me. One that was odd was when guest Tina LaVon tried taking a picture with her camera, but it said there was no memory card inserted. From what I can read, she insisted that her camera did in fact have a memory card inserted. Reading further into the article, the Copper Queen is supposedly occupied by sixteen entities. After reading this article, I realize how much the occult and things of that nature make me wonder. When I see articles like this, it's a true mystery to me in how hauntings begin and how they grow larger. Taking a look at the many stories shared, gives me chills and makes me want to explore the afterlife further. I would love to visit and stay at the Copper Queen one day.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/23/us/23bisbee.html?_r=1&no_interstitial&emc=Google-Earth

5 comments:

Patel Rahul said...

i like the story with mystery too and the mystry of copper queen hotel was awsome. i been to places that now people things that there is ghost there and some weired kind of stories. like people say when i enter the room then the door closed by it self. and the wind started to blow. i kind a not believe in those stuff but i like to hear those kind of stories too.

Joaquin T. said...

Paranormal activities such as Copper Queen always fasinate me in some way. Although if I was to expierience it in person it would scare the living hell out of me, But reading something this mysterious makes me think, and makes we wonder of all of this is true.

Nelson Sung said...

I find that to be very hilarious because that there is a real possible chance that they are just using the deaths for profit. Many people do it (e.g. The Winchester House, Alcatraz) these kinds of people don't care for the people they just want money just to show people an old house with robotic parts possibly holding up the furniture. Its not black magic or a curse it is just a simple magician trick to fool people into believing into ghosts. That is just my opinion though people can not be controlled into what they think (if you have seen the movie Inception).

Patricia D said...

Coming from a family whose beliefs are split about the paranormal, this article really interested me. There are many shows out there that feature similar things like this and it makes me want to learn more. However, these stories can be just made up by these people for fame. I would like to visit a place like this one day and challenge myself to encounter the "unknown."

Christopher H. (Stephirrocxh the Datacrow) said...

I find that the hotel to be creepy. The ghost must have some reason why they would want to contact the people in the hotel.