Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Technology's Brain Wash

According to the New York Times "...technology plays to a primitive impulse to respond to immediate opportunities and threats." The stimulation provokes excitement that can be addictive. Without this constant technoological stimulation life is boring. I can definitely agree with this, I constantly am bored unless i am playing with my phone, on my computer, or playing my video games. Scientists also say multi tasking also isn't a good thing because it causes stress. I definitely agree with that because when I have multiple homework asssigments I feel stressed. Cell phones are now banned when driving due to the technological addictions distracting tendencies. Though it took brains to create technology , it is decomposing technology users brains and it is slowly becoming smarter than us. Technology causes us to do things our minds aren't designed to do. People are clinging to technology which is only making it stronger. Soon robots will take over the world. Save yourself.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/07/technology/07brain.html

3 comments:

Shana B said...

It definently is true that technology is taking over. Recently I learned about a man who got so addicted to vidoe games, that he could no longer go to work, shower, or go outside. Despite this technology has helped alot of people. It allows information to be shared faster and it saves peoples lives. As long as people dont abuse the use of technology it should be ok.

Joshua Finley said...

I would say get started with technology now because it will be the main thing in the future, everything is going to have a peice of electronics in it. I saw in a magazine (MAKE magazine) that even clothes are getting some tech overhauls with mp3 players embeded into the clothes with a pair of headphones. Same here that when I am not with a peice of tech that life feels boring, I sometimes wonder if thats why Steve Jobs made the iPhone....hehe

Denny yang said...

True, Technology has now taken over the addiction of the world. Many are wasting their lives on game systems where life can be spend out in the real world. To be honest, Technology is a good symbol of entertainment, but such and such like cell phones shouldnt be used while you are driving. Its best for safety rather fighting for the usage of technology.
And about the robot invading the world, im sure someday in the future, it might exist.