Saturday, May 7, 2011

Working in the garden #3

Its the third time working in the garden and yet no new experiences are being taught. Despite the fact that i had my chance to learn how to use the lawn cutter machine, i always wanted to try something new until i get real bored of it. Boredom is the key to putting an end to something. However that faith seems to never withdraw from me. This time, cutting the grass was a bit more of a pain! I started to think about quitting F.I.E.R.C.E. Not only is it a waste of time on a Friday Afternoon, but despite this Friday, May 6th, I didn't have much time to start on my 4th Volunteer based on a field trip taken place. Although i decided that i might be working on tutoring little kids on academics so i can learn something i could have possibly forgot and at the same time enjoying my time watching little kids smile, play and learning all day.

This week was a bit of a burden to my leisure time. I didn't enjoy much of my time spent there because of a different role given to me at the garden. I was asked to weed the grass with the weed puller/dispatcher. I had no idea how to use it and i was being scold for using it improperly. After realizing what type of coordinator would treat a rookie in the garden, i have decided I AM NOT supporting this F.I.E.R.C.E. gardening anymore and im putting an end to it. I have learned enough and i wish i can look forward to tutoring little kids in the Fremont MAIN Library some day.

1 comment:

Ryan W. said...

It's really too bad that you are not enjoying the service that you are providing through F.I.E.R.C.E., because "boredom" is a big reason that many teenagers do not participate in community service. This is because most of us would rather be doing something that we find fun than doing work or doing something dull. I think that this is a problem because there are tons of things that need to be done in our community and they are not usually "fun" jobs. That is why it is important for us to take the initiative to reach out and help those that are in need because it is more important to help others than to sit on the couch and watch TV(even though I'd prefer to do that). I have been lucky with the places that I volunteered with because I have enjoyed my time at each place and I was more than happy to help out.