Friday, May 6, 2011

Food For Families




















For my third volunteering, I went to the Tri-City volunteers. As soon as Victoria and I got there, we were asked to sign some papers about their policies. And mostly just agreements stating that we pretty much just have to be respectful and considerate of there business. The moment we were done, they put us to work. They are a very popular place to volunteer at and Victoria and I saw a lot of people we knew there. There were so many people there who were volunteering already that we stood around for a minute wondering what we were going to do. Finally we got a job bagging canned foods and beans. We made an assembly line starting with a person who would open bags and put beans inside. Then it went to the next person who put canned food in. And so on. When it finally got to me, I was the person who would bring the filled bags to this huge box that stored all the finished bags. It was a really easy job, but it got tiring really fast because those bags were really heavy. So I switched out with people. My next job was to put canned carrots into the bag at one point in the assembly line. I was bagging those cans like crazy. The line moved so fast that the people in the line had to stop and help out the people who carried the bags to the boxes. We ran out of cans very quickly so the lady who was in charge told us where to go when we ran out. Then the whole process started over. The Tri-City volunteers is a great place to volunteer at because you get to help out the people who are in need of food, and cannot afford it. All the bags we assorted were benefiting so many people and I felt proud of myself for contributing to the cause.

No comments: