Monday, May 2, 2011

Reaching for Equity Post 2

Writing the second entry for the project in very late. This is mostly due to the fact that I was suppose to go volunteer with Edwin but on that day someone couldn't go in for work at the last minute so I couldn't go. So I got and extension and I went with Michael and Amanda to FIERCE. There we fixed up American High by pulling out some weeds and cutting the grass. Unfortunately the weed wacker was broken so we had to use the hoe and pickaxes to cut the grass down. This turned out to be quite a disaster because most of the time we were just turning the dirt over which wasn't doing much. We then layed down some cardboard and covered it with with dirt. We then went and pulled out what vegetables that were ripe in the garden. Overall it was a fun experience and I got to do something different than what I did before.

No comments: