Thursday, May 5, 2011

It's getting old

For my third time again at The Tri-City Volunteers it was really REALLY boring. I got there, signed in, got a vest and tag, and put on latex gloves. I was tired, lazy, totally out of it, and was getting ready to put bread in bags. I'd say the best part of volunteering that day was just bagging bread with our long lost student, Javier Saavedra. We were bread bagging buddies for the whole hour and a half until we had to leave. We were both just as tired as the other. There was about four other kids volunteering and none of them went to Washington so the place was very quite. After all the bagging me and Javier went to the back room and got a cup a water. It was quit refreshing, even though we only bagged bread.

1 comment:

Angela A said...

I feel you on that; the Tri City Volunteer center got old really fast. At one point of this equity project, I felt like going back to the place just felt boring. But you just got to stick in there and remind yourself that you're doing this for the community; giving back is a wonderful thing. Reuniting with Javier must of been fun, and working with him in helping out the community is a great job.