Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Helping out (not so much)

Edwin and I went back to the center again. We did what we did before, we washed our hands then put on the vest indicating we are part of the group. When we walked around we realized that there was a lot more families visiting this time. This was a good thing for us because this mean that there will be less people for us to sing for. Though I feel bad for the people who didn't have a family to spend their time with. After we sang for the people in their rooms we went to cafeteria where we started playing music on the CD player and people broke out dancing. This time it was a lot more fun because I didn't fell out of place because I knew what I was doing.

1 comment:

Taylor L. said...

I think in this post you should have talked more about where you decided to volunteer at. It is nice that you helped out with these people. They obviously enjoyed your company. It would have been nice if all of their families were there visiting but you seemed to help take there minds off of it. It is wonderful that you know what your doing there, and it sounds like you love helping with the elderly. I helped with children in my experiences and they weren't as thankful. You're experience makes me want to go help out at an elderly housing center because they appreciate more of what you are doing.