Friday, May 6, 2011

Tri-City again..


I went to tri-city volunteer again which I wasn't too excited about because last time I just vacuumed the thrift store. This time I went with Karlie, Alencio and Zena and we were assigned bagging duty. So we had to put cans of food into bags and put the bags in a box so they could go out to other cities. At first we were all kind of crazy and didn't really have an order that we were going in so it turned out to be a little hectic. The warehouse was also hot and Karlie was taking random pictures of us so that wasn't helping us much either. Though eventually we got it down and made an assembly line so we could get the work done faster and a little more efficiently. Before we knew it we filled an entire box, and these were boxes were giant so it was an accomplishment. Working in the food area I liked better because I got to work with everyone and I'm really doing something for people than just vacuuming alone in the store. Even though many of my classmates have gone here and we even worked with Jennifer and Victoria, I think it is a good cause to volunteer. There are so many people, especially now, that cant afford food or much for that matter, and knowing that we can help a little bit just by giving them food is amazing. Tri-city Volunteer is a convenient and easy to do it really does help people out when they need help. I did enjoy working here packaging the food, but if I can I'm going to try to find another place to volunteer just so there is a little variety.

No comments: