Sunday, May 29, 2011

Seed Art at the Eco-Faire!

So for my last blog post (and for the first time) it's not about the Tri-City Volunteer center, but it's about the eco-faire! On Friday, May 27th, we held an eco-faire at Washington High School on the front lawn of our school. So on Wednesday, Janel, Angela, Leo, Patricia, and I all met up at Angela's house to make the poster for our booth, which turned out quite well although it was last minute! We had two booths set up at the eco-faire. One was seed art, which is the booth I worked at for the majority of the time and the other one was boat making and racing. I was pretty much working there for half of first, then fourth, lunchtime, fifth, and sixth period. In the morning, I arrived at school at about seven o'clock in the morning. We set up our tri-folds and got everything ready. During fourth period, Laura and I had to make a store run to get some more glue for the seed art because we ran out. Working at the booth was really fun. I loved helping people make their own seed art, giving them instructions on what to do. During fifth period, however, there were these two freshman boys (I knew they were freshman because I asked them, I was not assuming!) were throwing the seeds everywhere! They were acting like such jerks and I got frustrated with them. They were so rude wasting our seeds. At first, I asked them not to do that nicely because I had to clean it all up and we needed to save the seeds for other people. They didn't care. After they finished making theirs, they gave it to Genesis and wanted a ticket from me. When they found out that they don't get a ticket for making seed art they got even more angry but eventually got tired of arguing and just left. I forgot to take a picture, but I don't think it matters much because I saw Mr. Speckles pretty much every period and I saw Mr. Shawn too. Overall, working at the eco-faire was fun. There were a lot of cool booths around and it was nice seeing what everyone made at our booth.

No comments: