Sunday, May 22, 2011

Blog Post #4

Finally this project is coming to an end. Over the course of it I have to say has been pretty fun. For the last post I decided to stick with wildlife. Except this time it was a totally different experience, instead of doing a club and helping out the college leaders. I got to do a car wash. So every year the organization Younglife puts on a free car wash to help kids get to camp. A lot of the kids that come to the program don’t come from the most privileged families. So when time comes around to go to camp during the summer a lot of kids can’t go because of money issues. So we put on the car wash and accept donations from people to help kids go to camp. So this experience was really different than the other time. It was a lot more getting down and dirty. We washed a bunch of cars and raised a bunch of money for the kids. When summer comes around there are goimg to be a lot of happy kids.

2 comments:

Casey N. said...

I used to go to Younglife, the youth group for high school students so I know they do events like these. I think it's really great that you are a leader for Wyldlife, helping out junior high students and letting them know they have somebody to talk to if they are ever in need. The car wash sounds like it was a lot of fun and it was for a really good cause! I know how expensive camp can be but it's really great that even kids who are less fortunate have a way of getting a chance to go to camp! Keep up the great work!

Joaquin T. said...

Younglife sounds like an awesome group to be associated with. From what I've been hearing it sounds like you guys always have fun activities going on. Having fundraisers are awesome. It's fun, and its beneficial to everyone. Helps people who have money issues, Cleans peoples dirty cars, and YoungLife members get to have fun washing cars.

I need to wash my car by the way, Whens the next time you guys will be doing this? :)