Friday, May 6, 2011

Lets Make an Assembly Line!

For the third time volunteering Jennifer and I went to the Tri City Volunteers. It was something different than the Senior Center so we decided to try it out. It wasnt that bad actually. It was really easy to sign up and start volunteering right away. Before we started we had to go to this room and sign papers. I thought the room we did this in was cool. I know, this sounds wierd, but it was! It was like sitting at a conference table..you know, those long ones with a bunch of chairs around it. I felt all important. Anyways after we signed all the papers we followed the lady to the back. It was kind of stuffy back there. The back is what the picture is. I was amazed at how much food they had. There were boxes and cans everywhere. Also bins with stuff in them. We then signed in and put this bright yellow vest on. While we did this Zena, Karlie, Sierra, and Alencio came in. We all stood there waiting for someone to tell us what to do. Finally someone told us to go bag cans and other non perishable food. We all formed an assembly line so it would get done faster. My job was bagging the cans of beef stew, how fun. This is all we did too. There were a lot of bags done when we finished and I'm sure the people who are getting them will appreciate the help Tri City Volunteers gives them. Basically, i had an okay time. It wasnt really fun but then again I dont think any volunteering is. Me and Jennifer are going to go back for our last time. I liked volunteering there in a wierd way because it was easy stuff and it was so convenient. I can just go back and volunteer whenever i want, all i have to do is sign in when i come in and sign out when i leave. Pretty easy and simple. Hopefully next time will go by just as fast and easy.

No comments: