Sunday, May 22, 2011

Coaching...again.

So Sean and I finally found a place where we could go back and volunteer for a second time. The first couple of volunteer opportunities we had were a one time thing so we had to keep finding different places to go. The third time, we went out and coached a little league team that a coach I used to have was in charge of. We both had a pretty good time and it wasn't inconvenient for either of us so we decided we wanted to go back and help again. We called the coach back and found out their practice schedule since we forgot to ask about it last time we were there, then we picked a day that was good for both of us and went.

We got there just on time and got right back to what we were doing before, which didn't surprise me at all. (Because pretty much every baseball team I've been on does the same thing every practice.) We got out the same equipment and waited for them to warm up. Again, we helped with getting baseballs in the outfield when they were hitting. We also helped out by cleaning up the dugouts a little bit, which we didn't do last time. The whole experience was good for me because I was in an environment that I'm comfortable in so it wasn't a big deal. If we had to do another blog post, I think me and Sean would come back and volunteer to coach again.

1 comment:

Casey N. said...

I think it's really great what you're doing. Helping coach a little league baseball team sounds so fun! Although sometimes kids may be a pain, they're so cute! It's good that you did something you were comfortable with. You knew what you were doing and you loved doing it, which is most important. You're also helping kids learn new things in baseball when you coach them and you help them get better! I think it was also a very good idea that Sean went with you so you wouldn't feel left out because sometimes coaching kids who don't know you can be hard.