Wednesday, May 18, 2011

So I had this accidentally posted on my Animation Blog for Mr. Briano I just realized... also instead of waiting to see If it was posted here first I deleted it.. so bear with me as I attempt to rewrite this literary masterpiece I have just destroyed.

Joaquin, Bryan, and I have been working on this project for some weeks now and decided the reason we don't like it is that we are volunteering at a place which is not sufficient to our capabilities or even our attention, yet we still went there that fateful Tuesday even though that bitter nugget of knowledge was lodged between our molars of knowledge. Even though we hated the place we trudged on through the mucky swamps of boredom and dread. We lethargically slumped our unwilling bodies into the office and painfully signed our names on our ticket to hell. We had already worked 4 hours here and now it was time for another 2. We dragged our feet toward the brooms and continued our normal job of slave work just dreaming about that moment we got to sign our names at the end signifying we worked our time. Soon after what felt like an eternity (30 minutes) we were asked to commit the phalange killing job... bagging potatoes. I am Irish and I officially hate potatoes. WHO NEEDS THIS MUCH POTATO? We must have filled about 500000000 bags of spuds and by the end and my fingers were ready to jump off my hand. When my torture finally ended I was relieved. But for some reason I felt guilt. Volunteering shouldn't feel like this. I should leave feeling good. I think i need to come in with a more positive attitude or maybe change places. Many people are volunteering here anyways I think they have enough help. We'll see where I end up and hopefully I can actually go to a place where I can feel good about serving my community!

No comments: