Friday, May 20, 2011

OHS Part 3

OHS Center, It's more interesting inside.
     I came back last Saturday to work again. I signed at 1:00, and asked if they needed help. David was there, the older one, and said yes, so my dad left and I got to work. I was slowly learning how to feed the animals that couldn't feed them selves. David was teaching me how to feed a little bird some meal worms. It was pretty hard, no lie. After a while I could get the worm in the birds mouth. At the end of the day though, a mastered it, almost.
     There were also these crows, one bigger one and one smaller one. The bigger one was starting to fly. The cage wasnt big enough for it to fly, but it would flap its wings once in a while and make a lot of wind when me and Tesse, a new girl I met, were feeding them. The big one ate bigger foods, like these huge worms, eehhhghlabbah.. and the little one had to be force fed. I didn't really learn that yet so Tesse did that. She's a senior at Mission. We had a great time working together.
     I also was in charge of feeding another bird, a house finch I think. David also taught me how to feed that bird too. It wasnt that hard, but when it opened it's mouth for food, it kept moving its head around so it took some time.
Tesse and I followed what it said on the birds sheets, and fed them on their schedule. Some were fed every half hour, some every hours, and others every two hours. I lost count on how many times Tesse and I fed them, but we did have a good time, and talked a lot. My dad came to pick me up. I signed out at 3:00, and said bye to my new friend.

Tessa**

2 comments:

Jose M. said...

Being able to interact with animals is important because we live with them or if not they live around us. I have a pet turtle, his name is Lolo. I like what you are doing for this project because you are getting to know how to interact with animals. Some people ignore the fact that animals would some times end up living in our backyard and because they dont know their way around them they might end up hurting the animal. Stuff like this happens alot and is one of the reasons for animal abuse. So its good to take some time to get to know them.

Edwin L said...

Helping animals is a nice thing to do, especially in this time period when humans are taking over and destroying a lot of habitats. Its nice of you to be able to feed birds. I would have liked to that. Its also good that you're learning how to interact with the animals in a safe way.