Friday, May 6, 2011

Same Thing As Before.....Sorta

As usual, I went and volunteered at Furry Friends Rescue. However, this time it was different than before. First, I was 30 minutes late. Usually I would have been kind of worried, since it's all old women that run it other than one guy. However, they were actually glad for some reason. This was because they told me there was supposed to be 7 volunteers and only 3 people, including myself, showed up. Normally, I would have been like "oh, that's too bad." But, since they were expecting more people, they told more foster homes to bring their dogs. Which meant I had to sit with more than one. Ouch. Sure enough, there was an overload of them, and each of us got stuck with like 3 or 4. Luckily, I was the only one with 2. At this point, things were a little different. First of all, it was a slow day. No more than 20 people came by. Because of this, the people in charge were actually talking to us about random stuff. One of them happened to go Hawaii, and she brought back chocolates from there ans decided to share it with us. It was good. Not only that, but there were bums running around singing and people crashing into each others cars for some reason. As fun as it was eating Hawaiian chocolates and watching homeless people sing, I think i'll volunteer somewhere else for my next post, as I can only say so much about sitting in a cage with dogs.

1 comment:

Victoria C. said...

Even though you found this boring, i think it would have been fun to work there. As you probably know, i di pet abuse for the first half of the final so i would of loved to work with animals instead of bagging random food items. I'm glad you took the time to work with the dogs because every abused animal needs the help to get better. They also need attention so they can feel loved, just like we do.