Friday, May 27, 2011

One Man's Trash Is Genesis and Josh's Treasure!

For my fourth post, I went to (surprise) the Tri-City Volunteers with (surprise) Josh Christy. This time HOWEVER we tryed something new. For the last three posts, we've been going in and working at the Community Pantry but this time we charged into the Treasure Trove thrift store next door. I, personally, looo(that's right three o's)ve thrift stores and was happy when the woman said she always has things to do and would love some help. At first she brought up the restrooms and Josh and I weren't feeling it as she probably could tell from our faces because she then brought up that there's little things around the store we could do to make it look more organized. Josh and I straight up transformed the entire back of the store. First, we re-folded all the blankets, towels, etc. like pros. Right when we finished, this woman comes out the cuts like "excu me" and handles some towels just to put them back. Now I know how it must feel for the girls at the mall whenever people come and rifle things. Much respect to those women because this was only the first time and I was glaring. Anyways, then we went over to the bookcases and organized those. There were so many good books there! For only 50 cents! I was overwhelmed. But while we we're straightening them up and whatnot, this cute little elderly couple was looking through the books, you should've seen my face they so were gliffin' adorable. The man was like "how about these? you like these right?" and she was like "no, I don't like those" and he was like "well how do you know?" and she was like "because I do" and he was like "maybe you will". Imagine them saying these in cute loud voices because after all they are elderly and their audition is degenerating. Then he brought up some woman and she was like, "I like her but I don't like her sister!" It was wonderful. There was a really nice couch and Josh was like, "only $30! I love a bargain!" and then some woman was looking she wanted to buy it and he was hurtin. After, we organized the shoes and just made the thrift store look like some high end boutique. We work wonders. Like I said, thrift stores and me are like this *imagine my fingers crossed really tight*, you can get a bunch of stuff for so little money! So I enjoyed working there for my last mandatory post. So go check out the Treasure Trove, and marvel at the professionally folded items, wonderfully organized books and VHS tapes, and gloriously arranged shoes. Don't thank us.. we do it for you *wink*.. for the community.

2 comments:

Hossna H. (SuPeRGiRL) said...

I really like how you guys helped out at a thrift store. It doesnt only help out people who are looking for things, but it makes them feel better. It wont seem like they are in a thrift store, but like a store at the mall. Im also happy that you guys were really happy and enthusiastic there and enjouyes working there. Its easier when you like the job youre doing. Good job, and keep it up.

Brooke E. said...

Your title reminds me of the Grinch. You guys were not being Grinchy at all!!! Like I said to Josh, I AM SO GLAD you got out!!!