Monday, May 23, 2011

internship Cont.



For the last couple of weeks I’ve been at a family and cosmetic dentistry with Dr. (Ria) Vaishali Bhavsar. By now I’m getting use to the things that need to get done and to the people there. Some new tasks I had to do were to check patients folders to see if they needed any consent forms to be signed, or if the dentist need any more progress notes to be put in. I have also had to clean the rooms, and call the patients back into the room, and prepare them to see the dentist. I feel like I have earned Dr. Vaishali’s trust because she gave me the keys to her car, I had to go get some boxes. Some other thing is that I had to do, was to go throw out the trash, and open mail. Personally I don’t mind doing work, I’ve learned how to do a little bit of everything I can be helping in the front desk, in the back cleaning and preparing things or I can be assisting. I’m very thankful with Dr. Vaishali for giving me an opportunity to help out in her office and also because she wants to hire me after I’m done doing my internship.

3 comments:

Sierra B. said...

You do some good volunteering and it pays off!! That's great that they like you and want to hire you. That obviously speaks for itself that you did a great job. Volunteering at the dentist office is cool because you got to help out the doctor, patients and just know your way around an office ( even though I know you already do since you my office T.A. Buddy!).

Victoria C. said...

Its great that you were able to volunteer and get some work experience out of it. You're also lucky that they want to hire you! Like Sierra said, that shows that you put your time and effort into helping out at the dentist office and it paid off. I also would of rather done that because what you did seemed like a good experience and better than cleaning floors and bagging food.

Karandeep S. said...

It's great that you chose something different and that you raelly are making a difference. Also in my job, i had to organize alot of things before the actual process could be done. I can also relate to how you work for a long time and you the people start to trust you. For every job there is, preparation is required and I, like you am glad to help with that!