Monday, April 18, 2011

Volunteering Post #2


This second time I volunteered was a bit different than the first. It started out like it usually did, although this time I got there early so I had to actually help set up. However, this time we waited for nearly 45 minutes waiting for the foster homes to bring the dogs. When they did, I was placed with 2 chinese crested terriers or something like that. I must say, it was the easiest 3 hours of volunteering i've ever done. They didn't bark or anything, they either slept, played with each other or sat peacefully in my lap. Then someone decided they wanted to put their mother in the pen with me. When that happened, all three of them started running around and jumping on me. This only lasted for 10 minutes though, then they took her out and they were calm again. Basically, for 3 hours I sat in a cage with two things that barely moved either texting or trying to amuse myself. Overall, it was less fun than last time and me being so annoyed at the last dog I had to sit with was probably an over exaggeration since I really did nothing this time around.

2 comments:

Edwin L said...

Massee, its nice that you helped out with animals. For my project i'm singing to the elderly so i guess we're both taking care of something. Animals can be very demanding and it could have become quite a handful but you kept the situation calm. Good job and continue your good work!

Angela A said...

Hi Massee,
It seems like this place you're volunteering at is pretty fun. You get to hang out with animals; and this time, you got peaceful ones! I think it's great that you have the time to take care of them, and came back even though you got annoyed last time. But remember that looking over these animals is just as great as any other job there is because they're from foster homes and they need a person who cares for them. You did a great job though!