Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Once Again.


On April 11th 2011, right after school I went to volunteer at Tri-City Volunteers, again. As soon as I got there I put on the vest, a badge, signed in, and got to work. This time around there wasn’t any packing potatoes or onions. There were a lot of other people I didn’t know, although Brooke and Danielle were there packing donuts. But my duty was to fill in the carts with food. The items I had to put in the carts were: a big bag of beans, juice, three different types of bread, meat, pizza, two brown bags that you have to get from different places, a dairy product, toilet paper, and a small pie or cake. After filling in the cart, I had to walk over to a little window where some slips were put. The slips would say the person’s name and how much would need to be given to them. It all depends on how big the family is; the bigger the family, the more items were given to them. While I got the cart ready the person was waiting outside. Later after getting everything in the cart, I would have to take the cart outside, yell out the name, and walk with the cart to the person’s car. Once at the car, I would need to help whoever the person is get the items inside their car and walk back, and fill it up. And that was the routine of the day. But since I didn’t get any pictures that day I went the following day and took some with Zena and Alencio, because they were there too.



3 comments:

Taylor L. said...

It sounds like you enjoyed this experience. It sounds like you were doing it for less fortunate people. That is a great cause. You had a lot of work to do though but it is good that you stuck through it all. Your work probably helped out a lot of people and their families. We had totally different experiences and hearing yours i might want to change my mind on what i am doing. Theres not that many opportunities to actually get the chance to help people like you did. Keep up the good work!

britney S. said...

THis must have been a good place to volunteer at. i think its great to help out and help pack food, and yes, sounds like it is for the less fortunate which is good. though, with all that hard work with handling food does sound sort of tiring. Yet, it does seem fun and with what im doing like my last experience we had to file papers which i believe is difficult too. but good job on the volunteering!

Sierra B. said...

There seems like there are a lot of things for people to help out with at tri- city. I think that you volunteer at a great place, that is also why I volunteered there! Too bad we couldn't have gone at the same time. It's awesome that you were able to help people with getting their food and really helping the people that need the help.