Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Volunteering for Fashion

This time around, me and Sean decided to volunteer for the fashion show the school puts on. Last time we volunteered, I was in a place that was in my comfort zone and this time was a little different. I was not sure what I was supposed to do while we were there but once we got directions it was fine. We saw lots of people from our school so that made the experience a little more welcoming than it would have been if there were a bunch of complete strangers around. We basically just helped with setting up the place and got everything ready for the show. We tried to set up all the sound equipment but something went wrong and the microphone was not working. We found a replacement and everything was set to go. The show went the way it was supposed to go, but I don't think I would want to make this a usual thing. It's not because the show was bad, it's more that I'm not interested in what we were doing, but it was still nice to be able to help someone out and make their life easier. Again, we volunteered for something that is a one time thing so we are going to have to find another place to volunteer at next time.

2 comments:

Patricia D said...

Knowing you the way I do, it made me kind of laugh after reading that you volunteered at Washington's Fashion Show. I can tell that volunteering there wasn't in your comfort zone and it must've been something that didn't really seem "fun" to you. However, it's good to know that even though that's the case, you were able to have a productive time with Sean! Also, it's good that you and Sean volunteer at different places unlike staying in one place like most of us (haha). Good job!

Angela A said...

I also thought it was pretty funny that you volunteered at our fashion show, since I wouldn't expect a guy like you to do it. It was still nice of you and Sean to help set up the show. Even though it was outside of your comfort zone, you should be proud of yourself that you actually got out of it and did something new. Just as long you did something that helped out your peers, you should feel good about yourself.