Monday, April 11, 2011

Community Service Post #1

Date: 4 April 2011

My community service takes place at the Marine Recruiting Office in Fremont. My first day working there was Monday, and I worked from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm. I rode my bike over there and when I walked through the doors I asked for Ssgt. Hosch. I was told by Msgt. Rielly that he was unavailable at the moment, and so I waited for him. At first, that made me really nervous, but once he arrived, and after he and Msgt. Rielly stopped conversing, I was given the task of matching pictures to a list of names. By doing this the Marines knew who they needed pictures of and I also discovered that they had a duplicate picture of one person. It might seem tedious to most people, but I had a lot of fun. I really enjoy working there and the Marines are very nice.

No comments: