Friday, April 15, 2011

Helping Out the Seniors


Its my second volunteer for the equity project and for my second place I decided to do it right at the school. The school was having a flee market for the GradNight for the seniors. I went to go help with setting up, making signs and to put it all down at the end of it.

I think that really the only bad thing about this was the fact that I had to get up at seven in the morning for it. I'm really happy that there was coffee there that helped. The first thing that we did was set up tables and put all the stuff for sale on them, separating all the electronics and fabrics and such. At the end of the day the stuff that wasnt sold went to St. Vincent De Paul. I felt good about helping our seniors for something in their last year here and the fact that what wasn't sold went to a charity.

No comments: