Tuesday, April 5, 2011

ONIONS !

After all other places I tryed volunteering at failed. I volunteered at the Tri-city Volunteer center, it wasn't hard to sign-up . you just had to walk-in and sign a few things. when I first got there I felt a little nervous, I guess. but the women that helped me get started was really nice and so was everyone else who helped out. They started us off by packing onions. They had large bags of onions and we opened those and packed about five onions in a bag and put them in large bins. To make it easier we formed a small assembly line type thing. Two people packed the onions in the bags while someone else tied them and put them into the bin. After packing and bagging the onions we had to clean up our area. I was asked to put away the extra frozen chicken back into the freezer. I definantly am going to volunteer here again because I enjoyed it and it was to help put food together families.

No comments: