Monday, April 4, 2011

Field Cleanup

When I was assigned this project i knew i got an opportunity to do something i haven't done at all and that is to help our community. I received opportunity to do something great and helpful for not just us but a whole community. I have not helped the community before but this project has open up my eyes to what i have been missing out on. Helping the community has truly impacted my view of society and how people like you and me can help it. When the opportunity of helping the community presents itself, we should help out, not just for us but for the whole world. There are hundreds programs out there that are dedicated to helping the society and we should all pitch some of our free time to help as much as we can.

That is exactly what i did. I received a opportunity to help out to clean a baseball field down at Glenmoore Elementary School. I was happy to go down and clean out the field as it gave me the opportunity to help the community, which i have been lacking on doing. While down there we help clean up the grass and help smoothen out the dirt. I don't know much about baseball, but i believe by doing these acts, i have helped the sport itself and the kids who play on the field.

The job itself was pretty easy and relaxing and i had a nice time out on the baseball field. It was pretty much spreading out the dirt evenly and help pulling out weeds from it too. It was nice and sunny and it had a relaxing feeling to it, and i really had a great time out there giving back to the community. If the opportunity presents itself again, i would help out, no question asked. The only down side through out the whole experience would be not getting another chance in helping cleaning the field as it was only a once a year event, but I must say, the experience i had  was great and i would love to help out any possible way i can again. It felt great giving back, and overall a great start to something more important than just doing a project.

No comments: