Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Kids scream the darnest things!

On my second day of visiting, I had learned that kids are always screaming. They have a tendency to think that they are the center of attention. I am starting to understand why parents and teachers are always frustrated and stressed when they are dealing with a bunch of very little kids.  I have never really understood what our minds were like when they were fresh and not touched by human hands.

On that day I have helped a child with his homework simple math then afterwards, I handed them out their healthy snack. Some kids asked me what high school was like because of how some of them were middle schoolers and had curious little heads, so I explained them how it was like and how fun it was to be a high schooler in Fremont. One kid had then asked me what happened in WWII, I couldn't really tell him because that all the information that I knew was very gruesome such as how they treated the Jews and how they choose their soldiers to be all blond and blue-eyed.  I told him that it was bad and shouldn't have happened.

After, I had helped the little kids and all of their work was turned in and done I gave them work so that they could do. Not long after, parents began swooping in and picking them up.  That is when I get annoyed because of how old they are and yet still not able to clean up after themselves.>:(

That was it for Day 2 of the Journal Entry.  I hope that they can learn to clean up for themselves. I plan to fix this habit before I get all of my hours.

3 comments:

Nelson Sung said...

images not included(YET)
will get them ASAP (sorry Mr.Shawn/Mr.Speckels)

Edwin L said...

Its nice that you're actually helping with kids. I for one wouldn't be able to tolerate them. Like you, i am also helping with other people but the people i'm helping are the elderly. Although little kids and elderly folks have differences, they are very common as well. Keep up your good work. I like that you shielded them from the violence of world war 2. They should keep their innocences for as long as they can.

Patricia D said...

Unlike you and Edwin, I actually enjoy working with little kids. It takes a lot of patience and putting up with them really pays off when you realize how fun they are. One thing I found really interesting is your response to the kid's question about World War II. Knowing you, you're the type to talk about almost anything without hesitation (haha)! However, you knew your limits and kept the truth about the war to yourself and gave the kid a very smart response. Good job, Nelson!