Thursday, April 7, 2011

Volunteer Post #1

For my first volunteer work, I went to the Tri-City volunteering. Sierra, Alencio, and I got there and Sierra and I had to fill out paperwork and sign a contract before we could start working. We thought that we would be working with the food like everyone else had been, but we got there fairly early. The man who was looking for something for us to do just told us to go to the thrift store and do whatever the woman who was charge told us to do. When we got there she asked who wanted to clean each of the restrooms and who wanted to vacuum. Sierra swooped on the vacuum so Alencio and I had to clean the restrooms. It took us a lot longer than we expected, we each cleaned the restrooms, which were closed to the public for some reason, and we helped each other with the garbage and mopping after. It took us an hour and fifteen minutes just with the restrooms and the woman told us we could go home. As we were going back, there was a bunch of people from our school and a lot more people who were forced to volunteer working with the food.

Next time we go there we should probably get there a little later so that the only thing we can do is the food because I'm sure that is a lot better than cleaning restrooms. All in all, we made the best of it and had some fun. We will probably volunteer there again, as many students from our school do.

3 comments:

Joshua C. said...

I am glad you all decided to go to Tri-City. I'm just wondering were you as bored as I was? Helping out the community by working in the pantry is an eye opening experience. You actually get to see the kind of food poorer people are given when they can't afford food from grocery stores.

Massee K. said...

I like that you got there early instead of taking your sweet time and going later in the day. It let you do something that was different than what everyone else would do. Although I wonder how dirty a bathroom that is closed to the public would be.

Anonymous said...

1000 facebook likes
buy facebook likes

http://www.serjtankian.com/news/watch-music-video-goodbye-gate-21-rock-remix-ft-tom-morello http://www.oxfamindia.org/blog/anjela-taneja/india-approaches-one-year-notification-right-education-act
get facebook likes buy facebook likes 1000 facebook likes
I have an iPod and it was hooked up to my old computer, but my old computer got a virus and I had to throw it out. I have all of my music on my iPod. I bought a new computer and I downloaded iTunes on it, how can I get the music on my iPod into the iTunes library of my new computer? I've done it before, but I have no idea how. It keeps saying that the iPod is already synced to another computer, and asking me if I want to delete all of the music on it. I want to keep the music on my iPod. Please help me, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!

get facebook likes buy facebook likes [url=http://1000fbfans.info]facebook likes [/url] 1000 facebook likes