Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tri City Volunteer

After all my other plans to get in an organization failed, I turned to Tri City Volunteer center. Tri City volunteer, is a community-based social service organization. Their goal is to help out the people who are less fortunate, by providing them with food, clothes and other necessities we need to survive.

So today, I planned on heading out to the Volunteer center with John Normoyle, to gain community service hours. After school I went home, dropped off all my school supplies, waited for John to get to my house, then finally left to our destination - TRI CITY VOLUNTEER! They are open from 8AM - 4:30PM. John and I drove around for probably 30 minutes looking for the place, We got lost due to my poor navigation skills. We finally arrived at the facility, Went inside and was directed to this nice gentleman dressed in blue, He took us to this room, There he gave John and I a packet of papers to fill out. Felt like we were applying for a job. We quickly filled out all of our information, and returned it. By that time it was already 4:00PM. The guy told us it was too late for us to work today, and told us to return tomorrow. (4/6/2011)

We managed to record some videos from our failed trip today, I'll upload later to the blog tonight.

Expect a successful Volunteer service blog tomorrow!


Edit 4/6/11
Here's the footage we managed to get yesterday.
Sorry for the annoying car alarm going off in the beginning, Also sorry for the unstable filming.




No comments: