Friday, April 1, 2011

Reflection

The Tri-City Volunteer center was a great place to learn. As soon as Genesis and I got there we said we needed to volunteer. A lady gave us 3 pieces of paper that we needed to fill out, which we did even though Genesis forgot to mark the box that says I am not a sex offender. We immediately got to work by washing windows, inside and out. I was cleaning the door handles with lysol wipes, and I did a pretty good job at it. We cleaned the thrift store windows next door also, Genesis and I were thinking about going back just to shop at the thrift store because they had a lot of cool stuff. After cleaning, we wen't to the back room where we met up with Casey, Brooke, and Norma. There were also kids from other schools volunteering there. We began packing potatoes which would be used for people with food stamps or for people that couldn't afford food. It was an eye opening experience because you never get to see whatn other people have to do to get their food, and packing the potatoes made us think about what it would be like to work in a Sweat shop on an assembly line. Overall the experience was an eye opening one and I want to do all my future hours there. Perhaps including the 40 I still need to graduate, just because it was a place I felt good volunteering at. I wonder what we will be doing next time we volunteer there.

No comments: