Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Reaching For Bread

On Monday April 11, 2011 I volunteered at the Tri-City Volunteer Center. Danielle and I bagged bread for about an hour. The bread was squished and frozen. The boxes were filled with donuts, rolls, and sandwich buns. I couldn't fathom eating smashed bread. I can see now, that when put in a position like that, you must eat whatever is available. After we had bagged all the bread we waited for instruction. The was really nothing else for us to do but load up boxes into a truck. Danielle and I only could carry two while the boys carried four each. We all didn't have much to do that day. We started guessing why people were there. A few boys signed out in the court binder which surprised me. I didn't really understand why they were sent there but I guess that helps. Anyways, I had a good time and the time went by really fast.

1 comment:

Joshua C. said...

Everyone is doing the Tri-City Valley place. It's good to see that you were doing other things than anyone else. Cause I know when I went there I never had to load the boxes into the truck. But getting the bread for people is a really nice thing to do. Great job Brooke on your service!