Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Fashion Rack!

On Thursday, April 7th, Washington held the first Fashion Show. My job was the sell the donated clothing at the Fashion Rack before the show, during the break, and after the show. It was a lot of fun folding the clothes and rearranging the hanging clothes. There was another girl there with me, she was selling the pants and skirts...I forgot her name.

I was really bored during the show, feeling a little lonely. Then I noticed my friend Josh was one of the models (LOL) and so his girlfriend, Susie, was there. So on my way to get a schedule of the show she sort of tackled me. We had fun trying on the clothing (shh...),over our other clothing of course...

Eventually I sold two shirts and two blouses. There was one particular white blouse with a flowery design. Lots of women and girls were eyeing it, but surprisingly no one bought it. Oh well, I didn't get payed but it felt like a job. And afterwards, on my way home, my father said it was good that I liked selling and dealing with clothes. He said it would be a good part-time job. Maybe...if I find extra time.

2 comments:

Taylor L. said...

The fashion show seemed like a cool thing to volunteer at. My experience was nothing like yours but i understand how you got bored. We both were happy about our jobs but doing the same thing for so long does get boring. I learned from reading about your experience and taking part in mine that you get more out of the experience if you know somebody. It sounds like you sold a lot of items so that is good. You seemed to have had fun working for the fashion show. It is good that you enjoyed the job that you had. Maybe one day you will be in the clothing industry.

Shana B said...

Lol so while I worked in mud you got to work with clothes? Maybe you were right to switch over. You should have taken some pictures of yourself when you dressed up! Who supplied all of the clothes? Did the fashon club pay for it all?