Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tutoring


For my hours of volunteering, I volunteered at my old elementary school in Hayward. Originally I was supposed to be working on adoption day outside with the dogs and walk them around, but because of the weather they cancelled it or they at least didn't need me. I have volunteered before at the school and worked with the kids, my uncle works there now so it makes it easy for me to come in and help. Basically I helped the kids mostly with math and science, luckily I can understand elementary school math and science unlike the stuff I do now. I really enjoy working with kids, even though they can be a little crazy. It was fun to try and figure out ways to help them understand by using games or just little tips to help them remember. Tutoring these kids I think is a good thing to do, because not a lot of people can afford tutoring so when people help in their free time it really does make a difference to them. Plus it is also fun to go back to elementary school for a little while.

No comments: