Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Helping Hand

At first I didn't know where and what I was going to do for the community service hours part of this final. Then it hit me, Tri-City Volunteer. So for the first day i actually was kind of nervous mainly because ive never done it before. Also there were a lot of people helping out. They had me load big brown bags full of canned food and regular packed food. Some had toys for kids, and little jars of baby food. In addition to loading the bags I had to take out boxes of frozen chicken meat from the freezer, then seperate them. The people there were actually very nice and very helpful. I did 2 hours the first day and met a lot of new people.It is an amazing experience feeling that you actually did something. You actually helped somone in need and it didn't even take that long. If only other people could realize this and help it would make the world a better place. In about 2 hours I had helped over 28 people easily. Everyone working there and me changed 28 peoples lives and literly helped them survive in there desperate time of need. All in all it felt good to help these people out and definatly felt even better knowing that I did something to help out my community.

No comments: