Thursday, March 17, 2011

American Studies Class Cookbook

After studying the Progressive Movement and linking such muckraking journalism as The Jungle by Upton Sinclair to Robert Kenner's Food Inc., we as class decided to put together a cookbook of simple, organic, good-tasting, and cheap recipes that everyone can make.  Check out the recipes, make em, let us know how you like it and as always, be responsible and vigilant.  Live your life according to your values.

-Mr. Shawn
History, American Studies

Students - please post your recipes with the same label as mines - American Studies Cookbook.  Be sure to title your Recipe, include Ingredients, and the Procedure for making the dish.

1 comment:

Jose M. said...

Learning what we did in class has changed many things about the way I eat now. I don’t just buy something without looking at the nutrition facts, I now like to ask "Where did it come from?" and ever since we watched that Food Inc. movie I started a meat diet (trying to eat the treated right kind only). Eating better and conscience feels good. I hope I get to learn more things about the truth like with the food industry.=)