Friday, June 3, 2011

To Early For Me

On the morning of May 28th 2011 I had to wake up early in the morning to go to church and help make food for homeless people. I woke up at four in the morning, took a shower, and woke up my younger brother Giovanni (he is ten years old), and finally headed to Our Lady Of Guadalupe church on Fremont Blvd. and Blacow. When I got there I had to sign in put on gloves and helped with the foil, for wrapping the burritos at the end, once done with that I was assigned to help make coffee. Of course my brother was helping me do the things I was put to do. After helping make a big pot of coffee outside me, and my brother went inside. And inside was a guy that needed help with some boxes and bread, once again me and Giovanni came to the rescue. There were about four to five boxes that needed to be filled with fifty different kinds of Mexican bread. When we were done filling up the boxes they told us to stop doing what we were doing because the holiest was going to come in and bless the food. Since it was my first time I didn’t know what to do or who they were even talking about, everyone around me got on their knees while I and another person were just standing. After that happened everyone soon got back to what they were doing, and now I was assign a new task, I had to count each burrito that was made and in each box their needed to be 200 burritos. When done with that around seven we got into groups of ten people. Each group had to take a box of bread, chips, burrito, water, and had to take coffee. Each group was either assigned to go to Oakland, San Jose, Frisco, etc. My group took two cars to San Francisco; we took two boxes of each thing. When we got there we went under bridges and just gave out food to the people that we saw that needed nutrition. After going under one bridge and another we were going around parks and other places. It was a fun experience. People were really thankful, and appreciated for what we were doing. Finally we got back to Fremont around twelve (I think, I don’t quite remember). On the way back I ate a burrito, and it was good. They do this about every two months and I think I’m going to do it again. Even my brother liked it. It’s a nice feeling, non-profit, and it’s from a catholic church.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gbdcjA2mAQ


No comments: