Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Cleaning....yay

This was my first time going to Tri-City and I went with Karlie and Alencio. When we got there it was Karlie and I first time volunteering there so we had to fill out some paper work. Once we finished we had to have a little run down on how things worked there, and it was all pretty simple. Just come sign in put on a vest and volunteer tag and you are ready to go. I thought that we were going to pack and sort food because that is what other people who volunteered there did. But they already had enough people doing that, so they made us work in the thrift store. Karlie and Alencio were assigned to clean the bathroom while I was assigned to vacuum. At first I thought that I got the better end of the deal, but in reality I didn't. For one Alencio and Karlie got to work together and I had to work with a vacuum. I also kept getting tangled in the cord and I had to make sure that the cord wasn't out to much because there were some people there looking around and I couldn't have them trip. Defiantly I was happy to help out the people working in the thrift store and making the place cleaner, but I was kind of hoping to do something a little more important.

No comments: