Sunday, June 5, 2011

SEED ART AND PAPER BOATS!



For my extra credit volunteer post, I decided to use the time I spent when I volunteered at the Eco-Fair. I spent most of my day with my buddies: Angela, Genesis, Janel, Laura, Leo, and Mindy. We had two booths at the Eco-Fair that taught students from Washington how to make seed art and paper boats. Our seed art booth had materials like glue, brown paper bags, and bird seeds. To make seed art, all you have to do is follow three simple steps. First, you take a brown paper bag and lay it on an aluminum tray. Second, you take glue and write whatever you want on the brown paper bag. Last but not least, you drop bird seeds on the brown paper bag and let it stay for about ten seconds, lift your paper bag then BAM! You just made a beautiful creation :) Throughout the whole day, I would ask students if they wanted to make seed art and some of them were nice to actually do it while others were rude and ignored me. The same thing occured when I asked students if they wanted to make paper boats and race them. Even though some students were rude, most of them were very nice and engaged in our booths. It felt great being able to teach students simple things like making seed art or paper boats. Also, you felt the excitement of the students who really got into what they were doing. It was a great day filled with great interactions made by great people. GO ECO-FAIR!

1 comment:

Brooke E. said...

That was the best one!!! I beat EVERYONE, even Mr. Speckels!! I think the eco- faire is the best way to get out the growing problem of pollution and global warming. It may be 1000 of years from now or just tomorrow, but we need to be ready to act!! The GREEN way!