Sunday, June 5, 2011

C-Dart? No Seed Art!

On Friday, May 27th, I along w/... yeah pretty much all my friends worked the Eco-Faire! We had thee coolest booths there, Seed Art and Paper Boat Racing w/ a pool and errthing. I worked the 4th, 5th and 6th period shifts with Casey Case and Leo. I showed up at 4th and was appointed lurer (as in I lure people I don't know if that's a word or not but if it isn't it is now my friend), trying to get people to come over and be Picassos with seeds. My cowbell and wonderful acting of "Whoa mind blooown, what is this? Seed art? Looks sick, join me stranger" worked and many people came over . There was a situation though where some freshmen were making a mess then refused to take their art with them. The little boy handed me his paper like "Here you go, its a present" and I was like "Nair my brethren, that's all yours you worked hard on it. How about you give it to your mom, she'd Totes McGotes enjoy it" then he got all offended "Okay I don't even have a mom so you just made me feel horrible thanks now you have to take it" but as I recall I had seen him with a woman who looked like a female 40 year old version of him a couple days ago in the parking lot afterschool so I was taken aback. I put my sassy nature aside and took his art so he'd go away and I could proceed to have a delightful afternoon. I occassionally supervised the paper boat racing but some people didn't know how to make boats... and I didn't either... so yeah they raced their attempts at boats and I gave a ticket to the winner. When things got slow, I walked over to mon petit chou Vivian's booth about oil spills and helped her demonstrate and urge people that the polymer was not candy! The wind was flowing and whatnot and I loved it until it started knocking over the tri-folds (and nearly our big tin of seeds!) I can't even say how much tape I used. Then there'd be lapses of uncomfortable warmth but tis all well because there were puhlenty of snow cones provided (can I get a woot woot). Leadership even passed out pizza to everyone working and that was much appreciated since I worked lunch. There were a lot of other good and creative booths that I enjoyed visiting also and overall I had a good time with good people, good food, and good music too showing people to reconsider just recycling their paper and to make art and boats instead! Don't judge me by my run on sentences of enthusiasm.

1 comment:

Brooke E. said...

I made some art there!! An elephant and Mrs. Nikoleava's name. This was super fun but the glue was messy. I could see this new seed art becoming a fad! GO SEED ART. Decorating the world!